Fed up with hating your job?
Ready to start loving it again?
Here’s my first question for you – what story are you telling yourself that is so terrible?
- If I carry on like this I’ll get fired and I don’t know how I could cope with that
- If they carry on treating me like this I’ll have to leave and I have no job to go to
- I can’t cope with this anymore
- This job is pointless and boring and leaves me totally unfulfilled
- The overwhelm and exhaustion is too much to handle
- I just keep procrastinating and not getting anywhere
Our brains are trying to warn us of the danger ahead and will do almost anything to get the point across.
Our brains love to go from extreme to extreme
But here’s what I want you to know:
- You don’t have to believe the extreme your brain is latching onto. There are literally hundreds of other possible stories that are equally true that could lead you to feeling calm instead of fear. Search for those options, test them out in your head, see how they feel. Say thank you to your brain for the warning, but you don’t need to believe it is true
- You CAN cope with all the emotions that are coming your way. An emotion is just a vibration in your body. Don’t let the fear of how you might feel in the future stop you from living your life as it is right now.