What to do if you aren’t making the progress you hoped for
Missing out on promotion or feeling stuck at work sucks. It is an uncomfortable feeling that is made worse by seeing others around you celebrate their successes, or worse, having to work under those who were previously your peers.
You know you’re capable, you know you want to achieve big things and you know those things are out there for you.
You’ve probably tried to force yourself to put on a brave face and finding that increasingly difficult or are actively considering quitting right now.
But take a deep breath
You’re not alone.
This is totally normal and I can 100% help you.
I can help you get your mojo back by helping you make peace with the situation you’re in right now while working with you to create a plan that makes you excited to get out of bed every morning.
A hopeful and practical way forward.
How do you get there?
- Awareness – Start examining where you are at work right now. What thoughts are you having? What are you doing? How are you feeling? How are you acting? Write it all down. Try and get really specific as the more you understand this the easier it is to start seeing where change can take place.
- Process your emotions and stay professional. Allow yourself to feel what you feel, acknowledge it and feel it in your body. Allow these feelings to come and go. And then show up at work your best professional self.
- Don’t make impulsive decisions. Stay focused on your own goal without comparisons to other. If your current company is the best way for you to reach your career goals then stay and make sure you reach those goals. If, however, this is just reinforcing your view that you need to leave, then create a realistic and considered plan for how you move forward and don’t make the mistake of taking a sideways or backwards move just because it temporarily relieves some uncomfortable feelings.
- Look at all of this with curiosity and without judgement. Gather information from your manager or colleagues to understand whether you want to go for promotion again, and if so, what that would look like. Assess who you are at work, how you fit into the company, the value
you add and the people who are rooting for you.
- Create a fun and motivating plan that will get you exactly where you want to be!